The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1009 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/14
Oh, I adored this! Your descriptions clearly evoked the pictures you wrote of. It felt like I was hearing you tell me this story firsthand. I loved it beginning to end!
04/13/14
Great job! Loved it!

God bless~
04/16/14
This is an incredible piece of storytelling. Your masterful use of language, and your meticulous conjuring of emotions, put your talent on display front and center.

Excellent job!
04/17/14
This piece took me on a wonderful voyage through memories of childhood. So easily relatable for all who've known the awesome splendor and peace of God's great outdoors. I just might go fishing today. Your bridges to the present worked well. And you really brought it home with the message to make a good ending. Congratulations!!
04/17/14
Congratulations on your EC!
I love the ending of this story . . . not spelling everything out, but leaving enough for the reader to understand.
04/18/14
I love this story. Welcome back to the challenges, Mari! <3 <3
04/19/14
Good job, Marita, and congratulations on this delightful story. God bless.
04/25/14
This story completely draws the reader in. I love the recurring "red stripe" theme, even with the verse from Isaiah. Super work! Many congrats on your Editor's Choice award!