The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 770 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/14
Beautiful poem. Great rhyme and meter. I sound like a complete hypocrite saying this, but I wonder if more punctuation could have been used. I wrote a poem last week and didn't do much punctuation and wish I had... so I guess I'm retroactively trying to make up for it in yours.

My craziness aside, though, this was wonderful. I loved the verse reference at the end.
Poetry isn't my long suit, by any means, but I this had an rhythm and flow that keep me engaged throughout. Nice message. Thanks.
Oh what a lovely reminder of the love of God - just beautiful. The last two verses particularly are a precious truth and a prayer from the heart. Thankyou
03/01/14
It's funny how we try to advise God - and find that he knew best all along, and you've drawn our attention to the love that powers hsi persistence. Well done.
03/01/14
Had a heavenly feel to it, great theme.
03/03/14
Loved your poem! Rev 3:20 is one of "several" verses that I love.

God bless~
This is a well written poem. The ABCB rhyming pattern works well to tell the story.

The rhythm and flow of the poem was perfect except for the eighth verse which seemed a bit off. I think the third line of that verse had too many syllables.

But that is so minor. The story you told in rhyme is a beautiful one, and one we all should experience.

I'm assuming that you're saying that God is getting the short end of the stick.
03/06/14
Loved your poem, right from the title-because we never are beyond rescue-to the happy ending of God 'claiming and cleansing His errant child' just superb!
Congratulations on ranking 20 overall!