The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1136 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/01/14
I really enjoyed your story and you had me believing that the MC was on a caving trip until the surprise...he/she was performing a colonoscopy. Well written and most engaging.
02/01/14
I LOVE when a story makes me think it's going in one direction but then smacks me with a surprise twist that I didn't see coming. Well done! Very much on topic and highly creative.
It doesn't happen often, but when it does I'm delighted. I love a good twist and you did this one expertly. When reading it again, I spotted the clues and it intrigued me Even more. Great job on a unique take on the topic. I totally enjoyed this from beginning to end.
Oh, I meant to mention this earlier. It's hard to know for certain because I'm looking at it in hindsight. I'm terrible about reading titles and didn't see yours til I was done reading, but I wonder if I would have seen the twist if I had read the title first. Just be careful that the title doesn't give the ending away. You really did a great job and you brought the MC to life. I could totally feel her anxiety and then relief. Again, thanks for a great read.
I read this entry before you threw a brick. After reading it I passed out. When I came to, you had posted the brick.

A very creative entry and it had me fooled until the end.

My entry is about a sewer so I suppose there isn't much difference.
02/01/14
What an original and fine take on the topic. I have colonoscopies quite regularly, so they don't bother me.

This is well written and a very interesting story. Tells me once again I should still be in level three. lol

Blessings, Lynn
02/02/14
Should we take a 'stern' view of stories about colonoscopies - or should we 'rear'range our stance? I was puzzled about caving trips or birth canals - until your twist at the end. Very creative work.
A true original, and eminently readable ...
02/03/14
Very clever and very well crafted.

How come you declare fiction to be hard when you do it so well.
02/05/14
Certainly a different and creative approach to the topic at hand. Nicely done.

God bless~
02/05/14
Unique and creative take on the topic, very well done!
Congratulations on ranking 9th in your level and 11 overall. (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.) Happy Dance!!