The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1269 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/14
Oh, yes. Those questions can be endless! Great application of theme. I really enjoyed P.J's spunk.
01/19/14
There is no hiding anything from a curious child. I thorougly enjoyed the story, though I must say I struggled a bit trying to understand the paragraph about the egg yolk, dryer, & flowers. I wasn't sure if you searched for everything at once after all the questions or after each question through out every activity??? But I loved the piece and the ending was great.
P.J. sounds very familiar--like my children when they were that age and now my grandchildren. Good take on the topic.
01/19/14
I think every mother alive can relate to the seemingly never ending questions of a child! And the “why?” stage they go through! This was a true to life, delightful read and great use of topic!
01/20/14
Brilliant character portrayal ... yet, it reads with such vivid reality.

This is truly professional quality ...

...from a father of two sons now grown up ... but who had their tricycle days and their endless questions!
01/20/14
I like your story very much, its cute and amusing; and questioning is something we all have been guilty of as children, and then at the receiving end of, later in life, from our own children and grandchildren.
I enjoyed this immensely! A delightful read, a charming story. Endless questions are raised by adults also - these questioners are pointed to the Christ . . .
Bravo, Lillian! So delightful! Congratulations on your placement.
Congrats on your win! Great job!
01/23/14
Congratulations on your well deserved EC! Excellence in writing will do it every time.
01/23/14
Congratulations on well deserved your win!
01/24/14
Congratulations on placing 3rd with this fun and amusing entry. Any parent can relate to the curious three-year-old-why stage. For many of us it was a walk down memory lane.
01/24/14
Oh, I love this tale. Your portrayal of PJ was excellent and the ending superb. Congratulations on your win.
I loved this story. It was good to have two stories about young children (that I have read so far) in the winners. Tell us more! I would love a sequel beginning where this one left off. Congratulations!
too cute! I loved it. I think most of us can relate to it.
01/30/14
Oh my gosh, I just saw this...congratulations, Lillian! Woohoo!!!