The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1111 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/12/13
I loved this clever and entertaining tale. It felt like an article from a magazine.

Nice job. God bless~
Delightful and entertaining - it would be wonderful if we all had a Pappy Abe - or even better, if we become Pappy Abe to those around us . . .
Wonderful story. I loved it how the author finally sensed he was in the company of an extraordinary, and asked for a bit of advice too! We do meet extraordinary people in our lives, don't we?
Excellent character sketch. You not only told us how Pappy Abe looked, you brought out his character through his conversation. Good writing here!
09/19/13
Delightful read! Made me wish we had a small store with a Pappy Abe in our town! Good job!
09/19/13
Congratulations Leola. I love this tale about Pappy Abe. You told it so well that I was surprised to learn it was fiction. There was a great message in here too. A well deserved win.
09/19/13
Congratulations Leola, so glad this won, such a great story, so deserving!
09/20/13
I love this colorful sage you created (and his town). I wanted to hear his voice, you made him so real. Super congrats on your Editor's Choice award, Leola.
09/20/13
Congratulations!

Wing His Words
09/20/13
Leola, loved the story. Felt like I could sit down on a porch in an old swing and just talk through a sunset with Pappy Abe. Thanks for bringing life to life.
09/21/13
Oh Leola! This got inside my skin today. I've known a few too many lately who were self proclaimed experts, emphasis on s-e-l-f. I laughed at the end because that was just what I was thinking. I'd like to offer to adopt Pappy Abe. :)
09/25/13
Charming and lively tale. I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. Congratulations on your first place ribbon.
09/26/13
Congratulations! Just love Pappy Abe and everything about this story, even his advice. Excellent writing.