The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 741 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/22/13
I so enjoyed this entire read. It really was a sheer delight.

God bless~
What a delightful adventure! You grabbed my attention right off with little Jeremiah's lisp. The characters came to life on the screen and pulled me into their imagination.

I noticed you slipped into present tense sometimes, though I suspect peek instead of peeked and lead instead of led were more typos than tense changes. I was slightly confused if Jeremiah was Sarah's friend or brother in the beginning. It may have been because his speech seemed so much younger than Sarah's, but in the end you identified him as her friend.

I thoroughly enjoyed this charming tale. Kids are such a delight (until they knock the wind out of baby siblings :))You captured a child's imagination, dialog, and even worries. There are some great subtle messages here, like listen to your Momma even if you're in your 20's (Okay maybe I personalized that too much) You have a beautiful gift of storytelling. I could easily picture you with a group of little ones in a circle as you tell them this story. Before I started writing my stories down, I would go to local schools, churches, and summer recreation programs as a storyteller. I loved interacting with the kids. Depending on the group, the same story would change with its telling. If you have never done any storytelling, I'd encourage you to try it out. I do believe you'd be a natural.
Congratulations on ranking 18 overall!