The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 917 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/01/13
That's a great story. Well told. It took you less than 700 words to get me anxious to know what happens to Addy!
08/03/13
Sort of felt like I was watching an episode of “Little House on the Prairie” reading this! Great detail and wonderful, heartwarming story to message the topic! Enjoyed!
08/05/13
What an entertaining read. It was like an old fashioned book of yesteryear. Good job, and totally on topic.

Thank you. God bless~
08/08/13
Congratulations Leola on a well deserved EC!

God Bless~
08/08/13
Your story was totally endearing. It was like the old 'feel good' family shows of the 60's. Great writing. Congratulations on your win.
08/09/13
Congratulations on your EC. I really enjoyed your story told in Addy's voice which was convincing in its turns of phrase and tone. Well done!
08/09/13
I thoroughly enjoyed Addy and this glimpse at a day in her life. Claire reminded me of Nellie from "Little House on the Prairie" which my husband and I watched faithfully with our daughters. Stories/movies set in that time frame have always grabbed my interest. This has all the earmarks of being an engaging novel. Looking forward to reading more of your entries.
08/14/13
Addy is adorable! Her line of thinking and decision to make her Ma smile warmed my heart too. Super congrats on your EC, Leola!