The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1510 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/23/13
I enjoyed this interesting journey of the bell, your MC. You truly made this small object come alive with personality.

I have an old brass bell that I retrieved when my parents had passed away. It was our Christmas bell--my Dad would ring in Christmas morning to let me and my siblings know it was time to gather around the tree. So, yes, even a small bell can hold precious memories. Thinkin' maybe I need to go and give that bell a good shaking now.
05/24/13
I enjoyed this immensely. Well written and interesting all the way.
05/24/13
A heart-warming story; though I was a little confused about the ending. You've returned to the present tense that you've used in the beginning, but in an apparently different setting.
05/24/13
What a lovely allegory...rich with meaning and symbolism!
05/24/13
This was explosively interesting...I enjoyed the entire piece beginning to end. Thank you.

God bless~
Congratulations, Leola! A well-deserved win for a touching and meaningful story.
05/30/13
Fraught with unique hidden meaning, your creative story is one to ponder. Well done and congratulations.
05/30/13
Congrats Leola!

God Bless~
05/31/13
Congratulations Leola on your 2nd place/EC honors...i knew this endearing piece would fare well!