The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1372 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This really touches my heart. Good work (both the writing, and kind, compassionate prison chaplancy).
01/31/13
This was a moving piece that tugged and touched my heart. Well written and certainly on topic. God bless~
01/31/13
This is a stirring, emotional piece that definitely leaves the reader misty eyed. Excellent portrayal of prison life and the fact that even in jail, hope can be found. Great title and this story fit the topic perfectly.
02/01/13
Oh, what a wonderful job you did here. It started with the first paragraph, and me wondering if you were describing hell. Then you took us through your MC's childhood and life of crime. You had me believing it was him that was on deathrow. Right before the reveal, I figured it out, but it is a masterful display of writing skill. Right on-topic and it feels so true. On top of everything else, it is such a good story as well. I love how you leaving feeling relieved (that's it's not the MC) and sad for the kid at the same time.

Thanks so much for writing and sharing it with us!
Reading this, once can feel and get a true sense of the passion and care the author has for others and how one's history and upbringing can so drastically affect one's life. Yet because of people and friends like yourself - there is hope - even for those imprisoned. Congratulations on your EC - well deserved, indeed!
02/07/13
What an amazing story. Congratulations on your well deserved win.
Wow, this is so powerful - incredibly sad but full of hope at what God can do. An amazing story and well worth its EC. Many congratulations
02/07/13
Brilliant work here. Like others, I thought your MC was facing his own sentence, but I loved that redemptive slide towards the end.
Now we can see how his response to God's call helped him to empathise with prisoners and guards alike. Well-deserved placing and EC.
02/07/13
Hearty Congratulations on your 2nd Place E.C. and level win!! This was a superbly-written and poignant story that really touched my heart. It had a very authentic feel to it all the way through. Like Joe, I thought of hell when I read the first paragraph, and later you had me figuring it was the M.C. on death row! I was glad to read of the double redemption of the men, though! WAY TO WRITE!! :)
02/08/13
Congratulations Leola on your 2nd placing in Masters and your EC placing. This is a touching and well-written story and highlights the wonderful work of prison chaplains. Thanks.
02/08/13
Congratulations Leola on your EC and ribbon.
God bless~
02/09/13
You wrote an amazing heart- wrenching tribute. Tears are flowing at the real path so many are deceived into taking and at the redemption your MC Danny found. Beautiful! Congratulations and thank you~~