The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1293 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/11/13
Very creative entry! The message was subtle, yet very clear. Well done!
01/16/13
I so enjoyed this piece. It left me with a warm feeling and I especially loved the footnote conclusion.

Thanks. God bless~
01/17/13
Interesting take on the topic. Well written.
Congratulations on EC placement for your beautiful object lesson/story.
01/17/13
Congratulations on your EC placement. I almost didn't come here to comment because I was sure I had already commented on this story. I distinctly remember reading it last week and really though I had written a note on it at that time. Oh, well, I'm glad I checked because this was one of my favorites from last week.

Oftentimes I read challenge entries and think that I wish the writer had more than 750 words available. Even the best stories often seem to suffer at that restriction. This entry, however, is not one of them. It seemed absolutely perfect just as it is. It said everything that needed to said. The dialogue played out perfectly and, when all was said and done, I felt completely satisfied. Not too long, not too short, but just right. Congratulations on your EC award this week. Very well deserved.
01/18/13
Congratulations on your HC. An interesting take on the topic, which made me wonder if the servant thought he was being asked to produce whine-skins :-(
I like the way you wrapped it up.
01/19/13
You crafted a colorful and delightful story! Well done and congratulations on your EC placing.