The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1958 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/06/12
Such a mark of maturity to feel loved instead of deprived when feeling the sting of Fatherly discipline. His working through you in a job way outside your comfort zone was praise territory!
Wing His Words
12/07/12
An excellent message conveyed in this beautifully written article. And, a timely reminder of God's grace and love. God bless~
Many congratulations Dannie. Thank you for sharing this wonderful lesson of God's lovingkindness, even in discipline. Beautifully written with a profound lesson. Thank you so much.
12/13/12
God's guidance always steps us in the right direction...congratulations on your first place win!
Congratulations on a well-deserved EC win! I loved your true story. Still, it brought back memories of full-time work as worship director for two churches that required me to work every Sunday, and every holiday except for my summer vacation for 30 years. I loved it, and knew I was serving the Lord and his community as well as feeding my family. But oh how delicious are Sundays now in retirement! Sunday as a day of rest in the Lord is now not only a commandment, but a blessed gift. I do still make an exception if I am called into the local hospice on a Sunday as a chaplain to play my harp for a dying patient and his/her family. But that too is a blessing and a gift, and a time for prayer.
Congratulations again on an EC recognition of your beautiful writing.
WOW!!! First overall!! You are amazing my friend! Happy Dance!!
12/13/12
Congratulations Danny for your win. This flows with the integrity that marks personal experience, which then serves to strengthen the authority of the teaching you draw from it.
EC 1st place so well deserved.
12/13/12
Congratulations Dannie!!!! Yeah!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Great job...God bless~
12/15/12
Thank you for this wonderful reminder to rest. It comes at a perfect time-as all things from His hands do. In other words I believe God is using your delightful true story to convey one of His Truths to me and anyone reading your entry. Especially this time of year when busyness unfortunately reigns. Congratulations!
12/17/12
12/17/12
I was captivated by your article! You built suspense in your first paragraph.

Your choice of words like "swapping," "whipping," "stern-faced," and "gusto" added spice and kept me reading.

I especially liked your 2-word conclusion: "Got it."

Thanks for sharing your inspirational story.
A carefully crafted content! Congratulations!
Have so been tempted to do the same. It's "funny" how the things we intend to accomplish turn into setbacks instead. God knows we need our rest. Congrats!