The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1453 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Excellent writing! I could just "see" the different phases and people you described. Good job!
11/07/12
This is a beautiful tribute to a community coming together to benefit those who could never repay them. You took me to that "Place to Rest" and I am richer for visiting there.
11/07/12
Inventive use of the topic. I was a bit lost initially but as I read on my interest was piqued and the second read through illustrated the brilliance of your piece. Masterful poem!
A peaceful refuge of a place made better by those who see beyond what it appears; and a tribute to those individuals who make it so.
11/08/12
Good job Melanie! Congrats!
11/08/12
Congratulations on the win for your lovely poem about this "nomadic community" and their place of rest!!
Congratulations, Melanie. I really liked this and glad to see its win!
This is wonderful writing. I love its rhythm - almost like 'This is the house that Jack built'! Beautiful to read. Congratulations on your win.
11/08/12
I really like your style of writing here! Your wonderful mosaic of word pictures charmed me completely! CONGRATULATIONS on your E.C.! :)
11/08/12
This is a springboard for so many different emotions, and a well-deserved 3rd placing. Great work.
11/09/12
I was a bit thrown off at first because I thought that this was about a cemetery (because of the title). But after a second read it made perfect sense. Congrats on taking 5th place with this interesting poem.
11/09/12
This feels like I am taking a stroll down the sidewalk and seeing through the eyes of the speaker of the poem. Nice imagery. Your words are the mind pictures--your words are the photos of the photographer. Nice.
11/09/12
I really like your poem. It's a really creative way of dealing with the topic. I felt as though I was being led around and shown the people and things. You painted the pictures very well with your words. Congratulations on your placing.