The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1085 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/26/12
Wow! This was so beautiful. It touched me deeply. I love all of the images you presented, we got to see a glimpse of your amazing loving family. And, of your Dad who obviously was the "light" of the gatherings.

Your descriptions allowed us to see your heart as you gave a lovely heart warming tribute to your blood ties, but most important to your Dad.

Keep those memories and form new ones along the way...I'm sure when you are all called home, you can have your big gathering once again, where I'm sure your Dad will be singing that great and catchy tune!

I loved this. Thank you for sharing your family with us.

God Bless you,

Camille~
I feel like I just shared an intimate afternoon with an old friend. Lovely essay that pulled at my heartstrings.
07/26/12
Strong and positive emotion all the way through, because the doubts couldn't stop them coming through. Great little song too :-)
07/27/12
For the first time in a long while we missed my husband's family reunion last month. Just one week later, a nephew died unexpectedly. Family reunions are bonding times for each generation attending--and the memories will live on for years.
Thanks for sharing your slice of life with us. It was an enjoyable read.
08/03/12
I enjoyed the insight into your family and reunions, and I was so glad you posted the words to the Thousand Legged Worm (because I was going to ask). What fun!