The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1139 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/12
I enjoyed your perspective on the passage of time. I was quite surprised when the "cast away" turned out to be a clock. Great imagery about how we toss away the valuable, especially people, to supposedely embrace a brave new world.
07/22/12
I loved this delightful and truly clever story. It surprised me at the end. I never would have thought it was a clock! Great story. Thank you. God bless~
07/23/12
Very creative take on the topic. I would have never guessed it was a clock or anything other than a human being telling the story. However, I did note the consistent mention of what time it was, partially because I've never seen time punctuated that way. I'm not sure if the judges will consider it improper or not.

At any rate, this was very well written and I love your choice of words. Nice job!
07/24/12
I loved this entry; the reminiscence of it. I particularly liked your statement... "If happiness makes time fly, sadness brings it to a standstill;" a quote you can claim as your own. Also, I loved "her overpainted friends." How I've wished I had a description for young ones wearing too much makeup. You have a real knack with words and I so enjoyed your story. Excellent job!
07/24/12
This was SO clever. Like everyone else, it took me a while to realize that the MC that was reminiscing was ... the clock. What a fresh perspective! This read very well and flowed easily. Nice work.
07/24/12
Very clever and truly out-of-the -box.
07/24/12
To Me this is Brilliant....I thought the clock was maybe her father...This is worthy of book, and I would love to read more!

Enjoyed this immensely, I hope it wins!
Have to admit you got me with your POV. It made a fascinating and thought-provoking read. Great job.
07/25/12
I totally enjoyed the clocks point of view and it's well-kept record of events. :) What a great entry, so creative, and completely out-of-the-box. :) I love it!