The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1105 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/12/11
This is a timely piece that will tug at the hearts of every American who has lost a loved one to war. Loved the way you described the bonds of friendship throughout this entry--making this an upbeat story until the sad ending.
What a gift you are! May the peace of the Lord be with you.
Tears. 'You can bounce a quarter off our friendship.' Memorable. Thank you. God bless you.
08/13/11
Wow - what a powerful and emotional entry, it pulled at my heart strings. And, what a kind and wonderful soul this young man "goog" had...Oh how blessed those who knew him; He is with our Lord now as they rejoice in heaven. What treasured memories you share, hold on to them. I loved this and it was spot on for the "subject" matter. God Bless you and thanks for sharing this touching story...Thanks for keeping our country safe.
Beautiful story.
08/16/11
Beautifully written story and touching tribute to a real hero!
08/17/11
There's such a scope of emotion captured here, so descriptively and so sensitively.
08/17/11
Awesome voice! This is so well done, and just heartbreaking at the end. Great writing.
This is a perfect gem of a story!