The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1364 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/28/11
Very well written poem.
This is an awesome poem,one I could read again and again for all the beautiful phrases. You have truly found your groove.
05/28/11
Beautiful and poignant. Truly wonderful.
05/29/11
Yes, you did it again! I absolutely LOVE this, "to kick the Eden dew off the newborn dawn -- to outwork the sun and make him give his honest wage," There's so much is here, and with each reread, more is gleaned! Amazing!
05/30/11
You've drawn us out into the wide open spaces with you so well we can almost smell the sweetness of the atmosphere.
Well done.
Aw, gosh, this is too good. Your descriptions, your phrases, your rhythm, your repetition. What’s not to like? This piece comes from a revered book of wonderful verse from an internationally acclaimed master; at least it will soon enough. Beautiful.
06/01/11
Your beautiful words drew me in and made me want to linger over each line, savoring the content of this masterful piece. Great--surely a winner!
06/02/11
You are such a master of poetry. Congratulations on your well deserved 2nd place EC award.
06/03/11
Jim,
No getting around it. Your literary genius raises the bar for us all.
Congratulations!
06/03/11
Congrats (again), Jim... I knew I'd be adding this when I read your poem! :)