The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1087 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/28/11
I could see it all so clearly! You did an OUTSTANDING job in descriptions!
And wow, um, do we know any clergymen or women, or anyone else under the label of 'Christian' who needs to do a little review about attitude and actions being more like Jesus?
04/29/11
You did a tremendous job with this. I just love your descriptions - I could see the little, feisty beauty shop owner, all up in a tizzy, and sadly, I could see the pastor, clearly not being a good example. It's funny - last night at our ladies' Bible study, we looked at the verse you reference at the end of the story. And then I read your story today. Wonderful writing!
05/01/11
I could just picture Trish! My sister was pint-sized with a big heart and bold expressions. It made me think of her. Great job on this. I really enjoyed it.
So well written. A mirror set before us...do we see our own reflection? Maybe not, but as your story points out some do. I've heard it said that we (our actions as Christians) are the only Bible some will ever read. Quite a challenge to all of us.
05/03/11
Enjoyed your story. It reminded me of years ago, when our church was outgrowing our parking area and each Sunday the pastor would get up and remind us NOT to park in various neighbor's spots AND to be extra kind and loving to all the neighbors in the area. Now, I'm doubly proud of my old pastor :)