The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1997 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Well-told story addressing the reality of ignoring dire physical needs while focused on “spiritual” matters. Glad some progress has been made in that area since the time this story is set in.
Outstanding story, and you got my heart with the ending. Love it.
04/26/11
Oh, to be better in this world at showing Jesus to the many Ollies.
Exceptional story. Great story-telling. Believable and lesson-giving.
Gets a ribbon.

Mona
04/27/11
This was very thought-provoking. Great title. Very nice.
04/27/11
A very good object lesson offer in this bittersweet story. Well written.
04/28/11
Aw, how sweet and sad and beautifully powerful. It touched my heart to hear the boy innocently speaking of finding Jesus and bringing Him to his family to provide for their needs. The subtle spiritual message rang true.

Big congratulations on your 1st place win!!!
You did an outstanding job with this. It made my heart break for all the Ollies of the world congratulants on your well deserved first place EC.
04/28/11
This is incredibly moving and so well written. You melded both sides of the topic (Jesus and the written handout) beautifully. Congratulations on a very well deserved win.
04/28/11
I found it heartbreaking and challenging - the jargon that we can use sometimes that misleads people. I wanted to warn Ollie that it might not be what he thought!
04/28/11
"Jesus' face was smudged" says it all. A great story. Congratulations on a very well deserved EC!
As always, your gift brought forth a story that shines.
Congratulations!
04/28/11
You go the extra mile in your writing, Ann. Superb.

Congrats, my friend.
Wow! Congrats. This is so creative.
04/30/11
Such a powerful message woven into the story. Ollie was such a believable and likeable character. I had tears in my eyes at the end of the story.

Congratulations Ann. It was a very well deserved 1st place award.
I remember how this raised so many emotions the first time I read it, and the second time was even better. So glad this placed first. Simply outstanding!
05/04/11
Superbly done. I have tears in my eyes. This is so poignant and unfortunately still true for so many churches. Well-deserved win!