The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 995 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/14/11
This was neat! I loved the sweet and surprising ending. Fantastic job!
01/15/11
Yes, a very sweet reverie and dreams of youth, with a balancing perspective on a future glorified body. The ending was terrific.
This was a wonderful story. I think I'll just sit for a minute and savor it.
Delightful! Interesting intro and development - not to mention an inspiring redemptive tone. :-)
01/16/11
This is truly a special story. Kudos.
I'm like Verna on this entry. I think I'll just sit here and think about it, savor it, enjoying multiple sensations. Very good job!
01/16/11
What a lovely story--very sweet, very realistic, with a nice little twist at the end. Well done!
I'm not sure how you did it -- you caught the essence of your MC's inner thoughts and simply brought it all to life. Very realistic, very heart-warming, and very wonderful to read and experience.
01/18/11
This was really captivating and had a really awesome ending!
01/18/11
Looks like it "runs in tye family..."
Love the way you have built the anticipation along with the memory - and then pulled a surprise twist.
Solid, gentle material.
01/18/11
very clever! I was puzzling how old the person was at the beginning and then when she was imaginging the run I to thought she WAS really running until i came down to the sidewalk with a jerk.
i am glad the granddaughter was able to recreate some of the wind in her hair and fast movement sensation!!
Really well done. You kept the tension up (Run!) and pulled me in with just enough information. The ending was perfect.
Oh this was a delight to read! The ending was brilliant!
Congratulations for placing in the top 30 overall!