The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1218 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/13/11
Clever title! Your setting is tangible (with the wind and the sparks in the fireplace). I enjoyed the back and forth between the husband and wife. This brought a huge smile!
01/13/11
Cleaning out closets leads to romance? I thought it led to chocolate to soothe the sorry soul when we realize we no longer fit in things...such as old FFA jackets.

Cute story showing the empty nest sparks flying...or is that flueing?
01/15/11
I, too, love the title and your characters are so real I can reach out and touch them!
01/16/11
Oh, boy! I don't know if I would want my husband to choose what I threw out. I love the playful banter and romantic ending...and great pun of a title!
It was fun to watch you clean out your closet of old memories. Good story with a most effective last sentence.
01/16/11
Such a fun and clever take on the topic. So enjoyable!
How sweet! Typical marriage partners' dialog - a little teasing, a little inuendo, some little sparks flying in the air for no particular reason. Very good job!!
I enjot great characterization. It adds so much depth to a story. I enjoyed this much. WOuld make a good TV episode.
01/19/11
I love the way you made even the painful task of discarding past memories a fun and funny part of their marriage.