The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2564 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great piece based on the history with a bit of imagination
This is so beautiful and so sad at the same time. I fell in lOve with your MC and I think you did an exquisite job!
12/18/10
Thanks for sharing your insights so descriptively, and for the history lesson as well.
12/18/10
Great job Amy on a story you have such an insight to appreciate. You made it come to life for me.
Mona
You presented so clearly the frustration that the MC felt. I was appalled by the meanness of the teacher. Good job.
On topic and delightful to read. Well done.
Very interesting history. I thought ASL had been the accepted rather than the exception. Great writing as you brought this story to life!
12/20/10
Wow! I really hurt for the poor deaf child trying to learn how to read lips. You drew a very vivid word picture. Delightful read!
12/21/10
Great descriptions! It's so sad...but with a happy ending.
Excellent story! Pulled me right in from the first lines. Loved the word play. I was convinced early on that the author lived this story - very authentic and interesting. Well done!
12/22/10
Provacative, beautiful, sad, and heartwarming. I loved this.
As I was reading, I was sure this was all fiction. I gasped at your footnote when I learned how much if it was based in truth. I had no idea! Thanks for this wonderfully written, heartbreaking story. And Congrats on your EC!!
12/23/10
Unique and touching story. I hope the deaf children continue to be taught sign language!
Great story, Amy! CONGRATULATIONS on your editor choice award!!
Yay!!! Congratulations on your great story and your well deserved EC!!!
12/23/10
This is an interest-holding story with a good ending. It bothered me that the child was being abused, but realized, hopefully, it must have occured in the past.
AND CONGRATS ON YOUR EC!!!
Excellent. I loved how you used conveyed research through a short story and was so glad for the vindication of your "signing" character in the end.
This broke my heart. What a great job moving the reader and enlightening us to the struggles of what is now...a most beautiful language! Congratulations Amykins on a well deserved EC.
This broke my heart. What a great job moving the reader and enlightening us to the struggles of what is now...a most beautiful language! Congratulations Amykins on a well deserved EC.
12/30/10
This is an amazing story. Beautifully done. I had no idea that happened. I was really touched. I have two special need kids who are speech impaired. I can't imagine it.
01/01/11
WOW!!! I was drawn into this story from the start. The story was so vivid, I almost felt the slap on the MC's cheeks. Great job!!!