The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 934 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thank you for sharing your story of how technology came into your life and has enhanced it. And how you've now used it to enhance others. Nicely written.
11/12/10
This is "blast from the past" reminder to many of us "over 50's" who learned to use a computer later in life. I enjoyed the history lesson. You've described how technology can be used in a really good way.
11/12/10
You brought back many memories with the old mimeograph machines, and the ditto machines (I remember the smell!) I like the way you reflected on the postivie communication aspects available now. I enjoyed my peek into your "Window on my World."
I ejoyed this. Brought back good memories and just how fast this technology has grown. It also ministers! Great work.
Since I missed the early years of computers, this was fun to read. I enjoyed your very positive article, and hearing about all the benefits computers have had for you and others. Thank you! :)
Almost, it was like I'd written this...I'd certainly lived it. I began with an old Apple2E? my brother gave me, then bought a new computer years later that the salesperson told me would be the last one I'd ever need. Ha! I was with you here each step of the way--including reconnecting with friends from my Christian college. Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed the read.
11/14/10
Wonderful read. I somehow felt the joy you experienced in connecting with loved ones and in reconnecting with old friends. A very positive spin on Cyber communication.
It is amazing how the world can be owned up by the Internet. This site was an answer to my prayers. I'm delighted the stories I've read and the friends I've made. Your story reminded me to give thanks again for this machine that at times is wonderful and at other tomes a huge pain! Thanks for sharing your story.
Thank you for sharing your memories of all those machines,computer and otherwise! It is indeed wonderful to read how you have been blessed via the internet and email.
11/16/10
Fun to hear from others how their interaction with technology has changed.
11/17/10
Certainly a trip down memory lane. The "ditto" machines, we called "banda machines". I well remember the smell!