The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 944 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Really intriguing story, but it seems like maybe you needed more words to tell it fully. The ending was totally unexpected and threw me off - I had to read the story a 2nd time. A clue or two as to the time (I'm guessing future) would help. I'd love to see this story expanded and the writing tightened up a bit. I like this character's spunk, and that she found the courage to stand up (literally) for her beliefs no matter what happens.
I really enjoyed this futuristic story. You did a great job with the voice of the MC.
Just a quick note I guessed that it was set in the future in the first paragraph when you said the MC just wanted to get through until a computer told her what her job would be. I know it's hard to be limited by the word count and hope I wasn't assuming too much:)
Great idea for a story, though you left it kind of rough in spots. I still enjoyed it, though, especially the ending. I'd love to know what happens next.

And as the for the MC's name, I think it would look better with a "C" instead of a "K". But then, I'm partial to Caitlyn's with C's. ;)
11/10/10
I really like this concept, but I agree that it needed more words. Had me interested all the way.