The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 984 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/10
It takes courage to accept the ending of a relationship and just as much, the embracing of one. It takes wisdom to recognize how much better our lives will be in the long run, either way. That is a gift.

You packed a lot of priceless, colorful details into this short story-- not always an easy feat with a word limit! That is a talent.

Told with gritty honesty, and revealing truths. That is good writing.
This story just blows my mind. Churches like this is what gives organized religion such a bad name. My cousin experienced something similar. The church she was attending offered her a food basket and she said she wanted to give it to someone in more need. The response was we only give to members of our church! I'm so glad you shared your story and thrilled that Jesus sent you lifelong friends when you needed them most.
10/25/10
Ack - I'm so sorry about your experience with this church (assuming this is a true narrative). That is NOT Christianity. But how like God to provide rest in the form of friends when you most needed it! Thanks for sharing - God bless you! And - good writing, too!