The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1307 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
86 children this summer (in our area). It's what our paper said yesterday. This strikes very close to home. I like the interpretation on the topic, but maybe would have enjoyed it more as a story. Although, the stilted poetic form makes it feel more *gaspy*. Nice job not going for the obvious take on the topic, and nice title, too.
08/27/10
This hits hard, I agree this may not have been the proper style to convey this story in. Well done and heart felt as you obviously have the soul of a poet. The ending is profound in any format.
08/27/10
A tragically sad way for a fun school outing to end. Only God can take these dark moments and squeeze sunshine from them in His timing.
Such few words told this story, but they were weighted with emotion. Good work!
Oh, and see, I thought it sounded good as a poem. It would have been much harder to get all the emotions into a story, and really make people sad. I think you did great.
Oh how sad, I can't imagine the pain of the parents, the school and your husband. This is a nice tribute so that the little one will be remembered by those she never met but still mourn her loss.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 40 overall.