The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1268 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/05/10
This was such a sweet story of romance--kindled through the campfires of this marriage. I thoroughly enjoyed this as my husband and I both love the outdoors too. Thanks for entertaining me this morning.
08/05/10
I love the two different points of view and then the meshing of the two together. You almost make camping sound fun, almost;) What a romantic ending.
This is a sweet love story. I enjoyed seeing it from both POVs
08/11/10
I am not a camper but you took me with you on your journey. Lovely writing.
08/11/10
Great creativity and thinking outside the box with this story. I, too, liked reading both characters' pov. Loved the love that flowed between them, even after 30 years.
I'm with Sandy--for camping RV style--for romance--for smores.
08/12/10
What sweet memories you evoke! Sweet story. Blessings, Ruth
08/12/10
Once in a while we certainly need to get back to just the basics to appreciate what we have been blessed with. Camping is a good way of doing just that through the inhaling of the sweet aroma of 'romance' within "heady scent of smoke and whispered," and “the smell of campfires.” Very interesting read.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and the top 30 overall.