The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2384 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/05/10
Your title intrigued me, as I love both the color and fragrance of lavender, but your story blessed me. Don't we all ask these questions at some point in our lives: "Was there grace for me? More to the point, did I want grace?" I'm glad your character decided she did! Excellent job of tying the scent of lavender with home, Mom, God's grace!
This is a moving story. Oh that every run-away finds his way home again.
08/09/10
A classically beautiful story of redemption, wonderfully written. That we could all be the fragrance of grace to someone.
08/09/10
Great story of redemptive love. So glad this runaway made the right choice and went home.
My favorite flower and one of my favorite attributes of God: His grace. This was a lovely story, no kidding!
What a beautiful illustration of the amazing grace of God...and our parents!
08/10/10
Well told and well written.
08/11/10
Beautifully written story, sort of a modern day prodigal son (daughter) story. I liked how the smell of Mom touched her heart and led her home.
08/11/10
A long time ago I was visiting a young friend for the first time in her home. I was her mother figure having lost her mom when she was 18. She took me in her room and had me smell a jar of Oil of Olay and then a lavender sachet. She said the Olay was her grandmother's scent and the lavender was her mother. When she would be lonely for them she would go and "smell" their fragrance.
A wonderful prodigal-daughter story
08/12/10
Beautiful story of Grace. Well done. Blessings, Ruth
08/12/10
A very nicely written piece reminding us of God's ever forgiving grace and presence even while we are astray. This story reminds me of a time when I stray, but God never once turned me away. Our God is certainly a good God who is always present to help and near even when we are spirtually faraway. Thank you for sharing this story.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and the top 30 overall.