The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1137 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/22/10
Love your title and the fun way I got to learn the process of making syrup.
Oh this runs deep and really touches the heart. The pain, the patience, the needed love and wisdom all shine out of this story - then the joy of answered prayer at the end. Thank you.
Oh this runs deep and really touches the heart. The pain, the patience, the needed love and wisdom all shine out of this story - then the joy of answered prayer at the end. Thank you.
Lots of wisdom served with the syrup here. I enjoyed, too, learning the details of making syrup.
07/24/10
Beautiful writing and wonderful, deep truth here [plus I learnt a little about the maple syrup making process :) ] I really enjoyed it, thank you!
This felt like a scene from the Walton's, down home and teaching with warm fuzzys!
Great wisdom in an ordinary event. Thank you for sharing!
What a delightful story and a great ending.
07/28/10
This story has it all - charming characters, something knew I learned, and a great ending full of hope.
07/28/10
What a wonderful memory! I enjoyed the two different stories woven together here. Lots of sweet tasting images [and smells] in this!
Loved the setting, I was really pulled in!

On the third to last paragraph, you switched to present tense on the descriptions. Also in that paragraph, I was a little confused at who was speaking at first (of course, I just came in from the heat and am being a little slow lol).

Loved the title and how in played out in this two fold story. Great job!
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 30 overall.