The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1165 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/15/10
This poem flowed very easily from one stanza to another. It was well crafted, and very enjoyable to read. I am guessing there is some real, historical basis for the poem. I would love to know what it is.
Well, I am thinking but I'm not sure if I have the right "bows" to tie up the loose ends, but I can say this writing makes me think of a kingdom poetically envisioned by J.R.R. Tolkien. Regardless, the moral of the story is both classic and timeless - even with a bit of whimsy thrown in for good measure.
04/15/10
I'd describe your writing as exquisite! Wow! Your thoughts flow seemlessly and your words and pictures are wonderful! This is so very, very good!
04/16/10
A very captivating poem, with a thought-provoking end that turns the reader into an (in my case, uncertain) participant. Hope you will reveal the background once the results are out?
Very powerful words telling a wonderful story.
04/17/10
Well done. This was superb writing.
Very well done. I am truly left hanging and hungering for answers, no doubt your intent!
04/20/10
Ah! Lovely! So well done and mysterious and beautiful. I am enthralled.
04/20/10
Nothing to add. I too enjoyed it very much.
Delightful story in verse--kudos!
04/20/10
What defines a Master?

This piece is all the definition i need!

My experience thus far as a writer, (being still in its infant stage) limits me from critiquing a Master Poet.

Yet I know when I am intrigued, captivated and thorughly satisfied by what I read!

This poem has done all of these. Thank You.

A winner in my eyes.
04/20/10
The words you choose and their placement simply amaze me!
(I think it's called flow :D )
04/22/10
Wow... what an intriguing story! A clever ruse, indeed. This wonderful poem reminds me of the epic poetic story-telling of Browning and Tennyson... truly a masterful achievement!
04/22/10
Jackie... congrats on your Editor's Choice award with this super "Bedtime Story"!!
04/22/10
Congrats on your EC. Very well deserved!
04/22/10
So glad to find this wonderful creative poem on the EC list! Congratulations--very well deserved!!
04/22/10
So glad to see this on the EC list. Well done!
04/23/10
Congratulations! You wrote a fine piece worthy of recognition.
04/23/10
Congratulations on your EC placement with this fun and intriguing read. The flow, rhymes and story appeared to be effortlessly written--good job.