The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1237 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was a GREAT piece. I love you take on the word "pen"! Your writing was very descriptive and easy to visualize, and the characters were very realistic. Loved it!
04/15/10
Brilliant! Proves that "Davids" can win!
04/15/10
LOL, choking on my morning oatmeal as I got to the very end and 'got it'. I was waiting for Florrie to write some powerfully vicious letter so the pen you used really caught me off guard. Love that!
Very cute and engaging and oh so out-of-the-box creative!
04/15/10
I really enjoyed reading this story! Nice job!
04/15/10
Very clever treatment that will "sty" in my mind for some time. Poor Benjamin got a taste of new (s)wine. Thoroughly good reading.
She who laughs last laughs best, as you have clearly shown. Great writing.
This really is fantastic. I enjoyed it thoroughly!
04/16/10
Terrific plot twist, and surprise use of "pen"! Loved it!
04/16/10
So, so very cleverly and entertainingly written.
Very clever, both the story and Florrie.
04/17/10
Oh so clever! You kept us thinking in the wrong direction right till the end and then came up with an absolutely inspired twist. Really good.
04/20/10
OH my! LOL! This was great! ...and how resourceful Florrie was! We raised hogs for years, there's nothing like the smell. Love this!
Patty, I found you!! Great job!!
Very creative...and interesting--a delightful twist
Heehee...glad Florrie won. Served that Shackleford right! I was wondering exactly what she'd do to win him. Good one!
04/21/10
I like how you set up for the ending. I knew the wind would have something to do with it, but the exclusive pen community still caught me by surprise. YOu did a good job of taking what everyone thought was the ending (cuz of the topic) and added a great pen pun.
Oh so clever! Awesome ending. Most creative and unique take on the topic. I loved it.
Didn't see it coming--and that's the sign of a great story! Wonderfully done.
04/21/10
Amen to above comments. Fresh and interesting approach to the subject. It should do very well.

Mona
04/21/10
Well I guess there's not much to add. All of the previous comments have pretty much "penned" in all of the wonderful attributes to this great story.

Florrie is a gal after my own heart!
The work of a Master for sure!
04/22/10
Brilliant idea to bring in the hog! God must have answered the prayer, Lord, give me wisdom and strength to slay this Goliath! I particularly like the scene you painted of what's at the site for three generations, the winter sled rides, summer picnics ... those are certainly precious. The ending had me put a smile on my face with the S-word! LoL (",)
04/22/10
This should be a winner in my book. What creativity!
Haha! I loved it! Your ending made me chuckle.

I was saddened thinking about real life and how so much beautiful land has been taken over for housing and retail developments, and I wish that wasn't the case. But your character's solution to the problem was brilliant and oh so funny! :)