The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1266 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/19/10
Figuring out that what is growing inside her is alive is a great revelation. Very good story and very timely.
I love the revelation - the meaning behind the title brought to light. Tension building action and dialog, and characters that pulled my heartstrings. A (very) few sentences might benefit from some (very) minor adjustments, but that could be my personal preference. A super entry, and a great "wow"! I hope the daughter learns the power of Mama's habit of praying.
Good job capturing the uncertainty and heaviness that accompanies unexpected pregnancies. God Love that faithful, praying Grandmother! :)
03/23/10
Lovely story. I wish this was the outcome in more of these situations. I like your title in relation to your ending. Very nice!
03/24/10
Wonderful story! I, too, wish more people would have this revelation - particularly as I am adopted. Your character interactions are golden.
03/24/10
Great dialogue, characterization, and descriptions. Enjoyed the read to the final "revelation." If only all real-life situations ended this way.
Can there really ever be a more relevant wow moment? Loved the way you tied the separate pieces together to make a believable story, regardless of which side a reader might be coming from.
03/24/10
A pretty bold title, and of course your writing was skilled enough to carry it. Great job. I needed to read this today. Thanks. God bless.
03/25/10
With LIFE God changes hearts. You showed this well in this special touching story. Love the mother character.

Mona