The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1229 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/18/10
Wow! Wow! Wow! I love this! Absolutely wonderful, masterful writing. Loved it.
Bravo! I have chills - the setting and mood in the first reminded me of Poe, and the revelation and wonder in the second was heart-lifting affirmation for any artist. The rhyme, the meter - spot on. Great job!
03/22/10
I'll repeat the "Wow!" too! This is absolutely beautiful (the story, the meter, the poetic form). I can't believe this is your first poem! What talent! Wow!
03/22/10
Wow. Very, very good for your first poem in the challenge! I'd love to know which composer inspired this, if it was a specific one.
03/22/10
This is awesome!! The story, the meter, everything! It transitioned so well from one time period to the next, too. Excellent!
03/22/10
This is beautiful. I love the way you tie it together through the ages. Well done on your 1st poem!
03/22/10
Very impressive. My sense of rhythm is so dreadful I don't dare turn my had to poetry. But this is a great venture into new fields.
My one quibble would be that I felt the final section with the school kids was a bit laboured. But the ending was excellent
03/22/10
YAY, poetry! :)

And WOW on this one, Carol!
You look like a professional! :)

This has such a sweeping, hushed and grand feel to it.

Beautiful. Reverent. Memorable.

I am extremely impressed and blessed by your ahem first poem.
Wow...should have know the musician also has a poet's soul. This is awesome.
03/22/10
Way excellent. What I like the best were the last lines of each stanza. Each one could have had a sela after them. Very impressed. God bless.
03/22/10
Applause! Wow! This is beautiful.
This is quite impressive.
03/23/10
Wonderful! I commend your bravery in trying something new, and applaud your obvious talent.
03/26/10
Carol, I just wanted you to know this is my favorite for the week. I think this is flawless. The first time I read it, I thought, "I want to write like that!" It truly is a masterpiece.
03/28/10
100% of what Beth said...(of course I want to write like Beth, too!:)
I love this poem! I wouldn't have been a bit surprised to see it way up top.
A realy lovely tribute, Carol. Well done.