The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1664 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a fresh perspective. You gave me a new way to look at the story. It was done nicely, I enjoyed every word.
What can I say? You did it again, Rachel. I am in awe of how you take a piece of history and wrap it into such an engaging, complete tale with such depth. 'Nuff said.
03/15/10
I really enjoyed this, good job. I liked the perspective, it brought a story we all know to life.
Your writing allows me to feel as though, I now know these wonderful characters from the past and am able to see them more clearly as "real people" versus just a name and an account.
I enjoyed this different POV of the story of Ruth. Well done. The attitude and reactions were very easy to see in my minds eye.
03/15/10
Refreshing perspective on this great story. Loved your interpretation.
03/15/10
The details and the emotions make this story come alive beautifully. The Biblical account only tells about Ruth's love for her mother-in-law, but I'm sure it wasn't easy for her all the time. Ruth recognizing something of her late husband's features in Boaz... that was a nice touch. Well done.
03/15/10
Yes, this was very good and kept me intriqued to the end. I would love to hear more in your version!
Great take on the account of Ruth and Boaz with superb writing thrown in. Well done!
03/15/10
Excellent.
I get tired of hearing sermons on Ruth that make it all sound like a fairy tale. You brought out the pain and anguish and sheer cattiness extremely well.
03/16/10
A very real feeling to this entry. I could taste the grit of the plot. No Hollywood makeover here. Nice edgy presentation. The opening was lil awkward on first read, then once I honed in your pace I started over and it was kool. Time well spent. God bless.
03/16/10
I enjoyed this take on the story of Ruth very much.
Some of the best Biblical fiction I've read. You created a world in my mind and brought Ruth and Boaz to life in it. Wow this is good!
Your very interesting story brings a new perspective to the Bible story without deviating from the ideas in the original.
03/17/10
I REALLY like this POV for Ruth. I'm with Gregory - love you giving her some reality. Truly enjoyed this piece.
03/17/10
Masterful writing, wow! I especially liked your characterizations, the Jewish widows with their tongue clicking and a bit of righteous indignation that flares out of Ruth. Excellent work!
Congratulations on placing in EC!
03/18/10
Like I said earlier, I really liked this. Congrats on EC.
03/18/10
Somehow I missed this before. The characters jumped off the page and became so real. Wonderful.
03/18/10
Congrats on EC! Very much deserved!
03/19/10
Congratulations, Rachel, on a very well-deserved EC!
Great job! I like it, one of my faves of yours so far! ^_^ Ruth is a great story.
03/19/10
Wonderful to see this familiar story written in a new light and written so well...congratulations on a well-deserved win, name friend. :)
03/21/10
A belated Congrats on your EC, Rachel. This was beautifully written, bringing the characters to life - I really loved it!