The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1073 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/13/10
What fun, in this tale of calamity! Delightful presentation!
03/13/10
Really loved this writing! Your descriptions and scene setting are fantastic. I can't believe you got all of that into 750 words. Plus, a great story in itself. I especially liked the line, "He strode up the aisle as if bent on immediate repentance." And I could list others.
03/14/10
"lusty song of fruit"!great use of vivid imagery! Great line. Enjoyed the read very much!
Precious, warm, old fashioned and delightful. Especially touched that Mr. Tate returned to a church, that was good enough for his cow! :)
This is outstanding! I'm still chuckling over the line

“As rutabagas, Miss Rosalie?”

Rutabagas, my foot. I’d rather be an angel.

Too funny for words. It reads like a page from the quintessential book, Anne of Green Gables.
03/15/10
I agree with all of the above, bravo!
Yay for Miss Rosalie! Great tale with a happy ending, so well written
03/17/10
This was so much fun to read. The B spinsters were perfectly fitted to the topic and Miss Rosalie was delightful.
This was hilarious - read like a piece in a novel. Loved it!
03/17/10
I LOVE your title! Your story is delightful. I could see the whole "event" playing out as I read. I really had to smile at the "B's" Great work and message!
Great title, fun story and a super ending. I read this one a couple of times during the past week and laughed every time. The ending though, made me smile for a different reason though, well done!
03/18/10
Has the feel of The Waltons. Homey, real and wholesome.
Very interesting with a moral or two thrown in. Love it.

mona