The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1068 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was absolutely precious. Beautifully told and left me wanting more.
03/12/10
What an endearing story--I thoroughly, completely and absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish. So glad Uncle Hub changed his mind and Mellie got to go to the party. A great happy ending.
03/12/10
Oh my! I absolutely loved it, loved it, loved it....did you get that??? I loved it!
03/14/10
I don't know what a fatback is, and found myself reading that twice, then moving on still lost, but after that I was caught. Loved the characterisation that shone through. Great job. : )
What a beautiful story!
03/15/10
Beautiful - tenderness, change of heart and just what a girl needs... even if he was an old uncle! Well written, drew this reader in - great ending too.
What a sweet story. I had my fingers crossed that she would be allowed to go to the party!
Awww that was just wonderful! You done good!
03/18/10
Congrats on EC!
03/18/10
Beautiful story, Jackie.. I love it! Congrats on your Editor's Choice!
03/19/10
Congrats Girl on the EC! Loved it!
03/19/10
Awwwww....what a wonderful story. I LOVED the ending. Congratulations on your win!
03/22/10
A delightful story and well worthy of an EC. One thing that puzzled me was your inclusion of the 1948 date. Aside from possibly the Almanac I couldn't see too much that linked it to that period. But as I said a pleasing tale.