The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1595 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
No character names, 750 words exactly and she/he think it's going to win. HMPH! it probably will, it probably will.
It's out-of-the-box-brilliant! This kiddies is why they are in Masters. Well done!
Oh, wow, this was too good! The dialogue is right on, I had no trouble following the back and forth conversation. So much to love about this!
03/13/10
This was too cute and funny! The dialog was just like real people!! Loved it!
03/14/10
Enjoyed the dialogue-glad it ended happily!
I snickered throughout it. It was quite entertaining.
03/15/10
SO much fun - great voices masterfully done.
03/15/10
Very enjoyable. I wonder how it would have read with a little narration, however. Might be an interesting comparative exercise to do?
No tags, loved it! I also chuckled throughout. At least this couple will never have a communications problem. :)
03/15/10
I'm really digging your experimental writing. Very different, eminently satisfying.
My only quibble would be that your title was maybe a little weak.
03/15/10
Very realistic, unfortunately!
03/16/10
A classic in marital communications! So true! :-)
03/16/10
Ok, for this having only dialog it read fast and smooth. I loved the pace. great job.
I love your dialogue-only story. It's exceptionally well done.
03/16/10
Love it!
This is simply honest roll-on-the-floor-laughing-until-my-family-asks-what's-so-funny humor. I have to say this made my day. Thanks.
03/18/10
This was a riot! …then LOL "mother has a colon problem" What fun to overhear this conversation! :)
03/18/10
What a blast! I felt just like I was a fly on the wall. Talent and skill on display.

Mona
Told you it was exceptional! Congratulations!
03/18/10
High five! Nice to see an old friend from DeFuniak in the Top Three!
03/18/10
Congrats on your Editor's Choice award!
03/18/10
Congrats on your EC! Great entry!
03/18/10
Too real and funny nevertheless! Congratulations!
03/18/10
LOL! This is great. I loved the line "pregnant with displeasure." Perfect! Congratulations on the win! It was well deserved!
Brilliant! This dialog-story left no doubt ever who was talking, and I actually LOLed. :-D Huge congrats on your well deserved EC!!!
03/19/10
Wonderful! So realistic. When did you have time to write this?
03/19/10
The dialog here is absolutely pitch-perfect. I felt like I knew this couple. Great job at capturing the subtle nuances of a conversation! Congratulations!
03/19/10
Oh...this was awesome and so realistic. Takes 25 years to get to this point of "disagreement." Loved it, brilliant! Congratulations.