The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1163 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
How surrealistically real! :) I didn't want to like this, but I couldn't help it. It has just the right level of quirk and strangeness, never going over the edge into silly. I was uber intrigued. This took talent. Kudos!
03/05/10
LOL....I have often seen the morpheek effect....very creative piece here. Must have taken great restraint to keep from being too clear.
This is so great. I can't believe you got so many terrific lines in under 750 words. A true master.
Wow.. this whole piece is brilliant!
03/06/10
A true masterpiece. I can't add anything to what has already been said, except my kudos.
03/08/10
I had to sit still for a minute and see if I wanted to laugh, or go "ooohh..." Mainly just ended up blinking, in a good way. Awesome creativity and amazing control of the language.
I truly enjoyed the wild ride you carried us on in your morphine state. What a clever way to tell a story!
03/09/10
Your opening line was perfectly dreadful. And yet so incredibly appropriate for the rest of this bizarre tale. I loved it. And I appreciated the reference to Mozambeek too
03/10/10
This made me smile, "like rams pretending to graze while they drool-fully gazed at freshly sheered ewes." I enjoyed this cleverly written (under-the-influence) story. You have a lot of great lines and a message too!
03/11/10
LOVED the dialogue... it was natural and the plays and puns were wonderful. I "think" I caught the significance of the last line... intentional play? Or not?