The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1685 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/25/10
This very enjoyable, wonderfully rhymed poem fits the topic beautifully. Great job.
What a pretty nature inspired poem. I enjoyed it.
02/28/10
Very life like. Made me yearn for spring even that much more.
02/28/10
A lovely poem. Your last stanza was a perfect way to sum it up.
03/01/10
A pleasing refrain
03/02/10
As I sit here and look out the window at snow falling here in the south once again, I am renewed by this wonderful poem.
On topic, beautiful voice, great meter, wonderful message. Oh, did I say I love it?

mona
What a cheerful poem about the coming spring :-)
03/03/10
I love your title and your theme of winter sleeping, and then "you'll frighten timid pansies" :) This has a great voice. Your last stanza is gorgeous!!!
03/03/10
I want an autographed copy of a book of your poetry. You paint such lovely pictures with your rhythm, rhyme and words. This is just exquisite, friend!
Indeed do not hush spring's coming! Loved the reference of the mice and mole's ornamental spread. And of course, I could just picture those squirrels tiptoeing around, searching for what they hid and forgot.
03/03/10
Reading this makes me tingle with a bit of spring fever. I love the last few lines. Looking forward to spring even more after reading this.
03/04/10
Love the images your words bring to mind. Get a very strong sense of peace as I read and after reading.
03/04/10
Verna, I will whisper, so as not to "frighten the pansies"... but CONGRATS!!! on your Editor's Choice!.. (whoops, sorry, got carried away)... Hope the pansies recover from their fright! :)
03/04/10
Verna, you truly are a master. I just love reading your writing! This just seemed to FLOW! What beautiful imagery and, oh, how I long for spring!