The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1422 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a really sweet poem.. it would have been nice to have a little more info on her middle years, but it still read nicely... I can almost smell the orange blossoms.
What a creative mind fashioned this poem. The theme is carried through so well with wonderful descriptions. And there's even a special message of hope and blessing at the end.--Just beautiful!
Your words and theme create a mood of romance. Very nice.
11/28/09
I'm SO jealous!! - Not really. I just think this poem is lovely. My mind was blank when I thought of someting to write about ORANGE. But this is wonderful. It tells a beautiful story about a lovely lady and her devout husband. It tells a story of a whole life. Even at the end of her life I couldn't feel sad, as she died in the arms of her beloved. Then, you summed it up with the ULTIMATE conclusion--their being united. I've never smelled orange blossoms in reality, but I felt as though I smelled them through this poem...God's richest blessings on you...Your reward will be great....Helen
11/29/09
This poem is as sweet as the the smell of orange blossoms in the spring!
Actually, here in California, they come out February-March.
11/29/09
I truly enjoyed this story poem from start to end. A+ on the rhyme and meter--and great use of the topic.
12/01/09
This is beautiful - I enjoyed it so much. Thanks.

Colin
Great poem. And as others have written, I could almost smell the fragrance of oranges as I read you entry. Well done!
12/01/09
Beautiful and engrossing poem. An inspired work for the topic. Thanks for sharing it!
12/02/09
Very visual--delightful!

The nitpicker in me has to point out that this isn't really an ode--but the two "o" words in the title are pretty irresistable.

Loved the images in the last few stanzas particularly--lovely!
12/02/09
Adorable, as always! Totally enjoyed reading this little frolic through the grove of Blossom's life.
12/02/09
Love the name 'Blossom'. Might have to steal it one day...
Great writing. Loved it.
mona
12/03/09
Absolutely gorgeous. You don't just write poetry, you are a poet. Loved it.