The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1448 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/14/09
Interesting take on the purple people eater. : ) And peanuts in coke...my inlaws use to do that. This was an enjoyable read.
11/14/09
Very interesting treatment of an aging song. As soon as I started reading I was taken back - all those 51 years (gasp!) ago. So thank you for showing our age; but was it a "porch" or a "mersades-bens?"
Not only entertaining, cute,reader friendly, and a great voice but the dialogue was superb. Excellent. I don't remember you describing either of your two characters, but the dialogue gave me a perfect character sketch of both. Very, very good.
Hey! I not only remember the song, I remember porches. This brought back memories in a fun way.
11/16/09
I love your characters and their dialog - warm and very natural. A very fun story.
11/16/09
Fun story, but I don't know about peanuts in coke. What happens?
11/16/09
Delightful story - I not only like the story line, but I love it that Grandma is telling her granddaughter this storoy. How special!
This type of writing reminds me a bit of one my favorite, off-the wall-authors: Douglas Adams, esp his book "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxies." So, so good!
11/16/09
Thank you for this simply delightful sprig of joy - doesn't it seem that stories are best told between grandparents and grandchildren ... you placed a smile in my Monday morning soul ...
11/16/09
i thought everyone knows about peanuts in a coke. the purple people eater brought back so many memories. fantastic dialogue.
11/16/09
Great minds, Betty....

This was a total delight!
Well you cleared up a lot of mysteries for me! I always wondered who really discovered the purple people eater. That was great and fun to read.
Great story telling and dialogue. Very well written!
11/17/09
I really enjoyed this piece. I especially love the dialogue. I felt, I was right there on that porch listening to the conversation. Very creative.
Oh, complete fun and always enjoy your storytelling. Would love to hear Grandma's story for "Alley Oop!"
11/18/09
Ha ha ha...so that's how it happened!
11/18/09
What a fun, creative take on the topic! Loved it!
11/18/09
Hmmm, maybe we can Ally's story for yellow?

As usual, you turned out a great story that makes me laugh, thanks.
Delightful humor...I love Grandma and the whole story.
11/19/09
This must have been SO much fun to write, because it was a blast to read. Very snicker worthy:)
11/22/09
Betty, this is so delightful and just the way things work between little ones and their grandmas (or aunties). Good imaginative story, too. I came to thank you because I just discovered a comment from you on my "Sonnets from the Macabre" that I never got a notice about. That was so sweet of you!