The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2727 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/09
Tis good I converse with my good friend in northern Ireland on occasion. Makes these kind of pieces easier to read.
09/19/09
I enjoyed the authentic dialog and the easy way this flowed. Your MC was endearing and loved the message tucked within this lovely story.
I love every word of this well written story of faith lost and found, without knowing it was lost in the first place. So meaningful and worthy of being shared.
09/21/09
I was warmed myself while reading this lovely entry. Excellent dialect and mood.
09/22/09
oh wow.. I love everything about this... especially... "You're above t' sod." This is so well written. I wanted more.
09/22/09
This was a wonderfully written story froma different perspective. Great job.
This is very literary. I enjoyed the read, and the message. It's true that if we are still living, there's work to be done. Kudos.
09/23/09
Wonderful! Perfect in atmosphere, and the lesson is beautifully stated.
09/23/09
I don't know if this one will win or not, but it's the best writing I've read this week. You told this most believable story with great characterization.
I was there. Superb in every way. Entertaining with a wonderful life-lesson.
Just splendid

Mona
Wonderful characterization sets this in a class by itself.
09/23/09
I like the tone of this story and how 'real' you made the reverend.
Excellent writing.
09/24/09
Congratulations on a very well deserved win! I enjoyed every word of this well crafted tale. Delicious!
09/24/09
So very, very worthy!!
Mona
09/24/09
Congratulations, this was beyond superb. Loved it.
09/24/09
A truly beautiful, meaningful story, told with exquisite attention to detail! Absolutely wonderful--congratulations!!
09/24/09
Congratulations Ann! First place!! .... Your writing is exquisite!
09/25/09
This is my favorite line: "Yer above t’ sod, so’s it’s a grand day." Wonderful phrase to remember. An awesome piece and well deserving of its 1st place win!
I am so glad you are back. Ido so love your work. You are my Fav on the site
09/25/09
This is a very well written story. I loved the spot-on dialect. I loved the MC. I could see him in my mind's eye. Thank God for his parishoners reminding him there still is work to be done. Congratulations on your first place, both on your level and EC.
Beautiful description, excellent dialogue, well done!
10/01/09
Your piece left me wanting, in a good way. I wanted to know more about your reverend and his ministry. Well done.
Simply exquisite. Excellent alliterations and word choices, and your characterizations are vivid. Congratulations!
10/03/09
Oh my goodness, this is so well written! I love your language. Your wonderful scene. I feel like I am there.
10/05/09
beautiful writing and such warmth - I liked the ending too. God always provides and there are no retirement plans with the Lord - He continues to use us even past the world's idea of retirement - I look forward to more of your writing! :)
10/14/09
It is rare that a story utterly enchants the way this one does. Your lilting prose is music to the soul, every word perfectly in character, each one perfectly fitted to the others. Great story. Well done!