The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1384 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/09
Haha...I so loved this!
09/13/09
That last line made the story! Lol. Fun little piece of writing:)
09/13/09
I loved, loved, loved the first half of this...you've got the "fable voice" perfectly, and I could picture every paragraph.

I thought it fizzled a bit at the end...I expected Violetta to have a bit more of an adventure, I guess.

Definitely expand this one1
A fun kid's story! I expected to see Violetta in some sort of peril when Lucinda found her, but I did enjoy the cute ending. Ain't it the truth? :)
This was fun and I laughed at, "Lucinda suddenly had a flash of sense." Very creative.
I think you've created a story that children would love. I love the adventurous heart of the child and can so relate to the "wanting to stay in my comfort zone" mentality of the governess. Nicely done!
09/16/09
Hello, Picked it up from the hinting time in the forum.
Cute story. Would make an excellent young children's story. Target could be girls between 7 and 10 or so. Throw in some bad men or monsters and a handsome young boy and you have a winner on your hands. I think children's stories work with the cliché 'Once upon a time.'