The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1203 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so tenderly written I almost didn't want it to end - learning about this special man. Written words, it would seem have a way of vindicatiion once time has diminished the hurt and pain. It sounds like the letter was found at the most perfect time. Great writing and story!
05/23/09
I definitely can identify with this one and can testify to the healing power of forgiveness. Bless your writing this out for us all to know what it means to forgive and be forgiven.
Your last sentence is an excellent conclusion to your story of your father.
After all those years, the healing power of forgiveness is still profound in His Grace. Very well-written.
05/25/09
Forgiveness: possibly the issue that trips up more Christians than any other. You portrayed so powerfully the importance of shedding grudges and maintaining open relationships.
Powerful story of forgiveness and love the gentle heart of the mc.
So glad that she forgave him. A great example of forgiveness and how unconditional triggers emotions. I liked how she read it to herself and puzzled over each thing then slowly accepted it. This was great!
05/28/09
Treasures hidden, truth unfold, memories of a past of sorrows untold. Some good has been found, apart from the bad, to heal and erase, unforgiveness and things we held back, of pain and sadness, of things unpleasant from past, to put to a close, and willingly from now let go.