The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1176 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/09/09
I enjoyed how you wrote this. I liked the yo-yo allusion, "walk the dog", "'round the world", and "my string tightly curled" (sometimes I feel like that too :) ) I like the possessive "My" in your title. So clever.
04/10/09
I like the way you compared life to a yo-yo. Clever and creative. I've been there a few times myself!
Our lives are not content until we learn the lesson so aptly shown in your poem--just as the Creator made me. Well done.
04/10/09
I love this message, probably because my Creator made me so as well... :D

Very well-written. Great job!
04/12/09
Great twist at the end--I never saw where this was going! Very nice!
04/12/09
Awesome example of personification, and with a lovely message.
04/13/09
I enjoyed this poem. The yo-yo effect takes its toll until we can settle into contentment with the way our Creator made us.
I thought you were talking about a person until the end, and then...well, this was nicely done!
04/13/09
Excellent message, and written in a creative format. Very good writing.
04/14/09
How many times I've ended in tangles, tied in knots by going against my Creator.
Loved it!

Mona
07/01/10
Shelley, I'm going to feature this on the Front Page Showcase for the week of July 12. Look for it on the FaithWriters hom page--and congratulations!