The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 999 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/23/09
Sometimes the relationships we develop outside of our own families are even more precious than the automatic ones. Edna was fortunate to share in your family for so many years. Sounds like you all were her favorite Americans. :o)
01/23/09
She sounds like she was a wonderful lady. I enjoyed hearing about her.
01/23/09
What a lovely and interesting woman Edna appears to be! I wish I could meet her! :)

I would have been fascinating to hear more detail about her stories of living in the outback and of how different she found the USA from Australia.

Blessings on your writing!
You did a good job of introducing your lovely Austalian neighbor to us.
01/25/09
This is a lovely tribute that captivated me as I read. Love the details like "cuppa" and "snackies". I could see this lady from your writing. There are some good spiritual lessons in this as well.
01/25/09
Great tribute to Edna. Memories are so precious.
You mad ea good point that sometimes we wait until someone is gone before we really reflect on how special they were in our lives.

Edna sounded like a wonderful person. Thank you for sharing her with us.