The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1564 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/05/08
What a lovely entry. The poetry flows beautifully like soothing running water. Yet there is a challenge in the heart of it, to focus on the important things EVERY DAY, and not for just one day. Well done!
I love this poem - the rhythm and the internal rhymes are lovely, and the sentiments and the message are so beautiful.
12/09/08
I loved the underlying message here, and to me, the irony that the celebration of only ONE day really should be each and every day we wake up... knowing who we are in Christ. Thanks for this wonderful reminder written masterfully! Well done.
12/09/08
I like all your heart-warming thoughts and I love this, "For just one day the world will slow— perhaps not kneel, but genuflect; pay homage to our God and King,..." So true! and then your message "this side of heaven" completes this. One day the "world" will kneel...
12/10/08
Just for one day...
I like that. The poem is beautiful.
Congratulations!!! I wish when I sit down to write a poem of my thoughts it would come out so well - but I will have to leave it to talents and gifts such as yours. And, I will do my part by reading and being blessed by the thoughts and words. Loren
Wow! Congratualtions. This is a very good poem and well written!
12/12/08
Brilliant. It's all I can say...otherwise you have left me speechless.
12/13/08
Sharlyn, I'm so glad to see this poem with it's wonderful message recognized. Congrats on your placing and EC!!