The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1480 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/08
Incredible—you hooked me right from the first word and there was no thought of escape until the end. Excellent.
12/05/08
This has to be one of the best thought-out FW entries I have read. It seems to have layers and layers of clever craftmanship, and the message is a double-edged sword. What if Jesus were to return on Christmas day?? The thought thrills my heart and yet sends chills down my spine. How many believers actually 'take Christmas day off' from a life of faith and righteousness? All our frantic preparations for the special day, would certainly be meaningless in THIS scenario. What a powerful reminder to keep Him central in ALL of our life. Fantastic!
What an intriguing thought! I like how the story is told in vignettes from around the world.
12/10/08
Very interesting. I began to wonder how each paragraph was threaded together, until about 2/3 way down. Then it began to unravel for me.
It's unique, and very good.
12/12/08
Superb, Gregory, and saw myself in all the above, except the addict but his thoughts could have been mine at some time. Met your title well. So many variations of potential human thoughts at the time of His coming. My 'favourite' (yes, I know how to spell in "English" having lived in Canada for awhile) was the worshiping sister.
God bless and have a wonderful Christmas before heading back to the mission field.