The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1691 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/04/08
Rich in the things that count. Very good story.
I love how this dad made Christmas Day special for his little girl, and the fairy tale-type aspect of the adventure he took her on.
I also like how well you illustrated that when we have little in the way of material possessions, we find more joy in the little things that can be found. We have to look for them, tho.

I'm used to Toni with an "i" being a female - that and the similarity of the characters names made me confuse who was who a couple of times. But your characters came to life for me, and I love the happy ending. Nice!

12/05/08
A precious story. The magic of make-believe, the quietness of contentment, the generosity of kindred spirits... Our materialistic culture knows so little about any of this. Nice job.
12/09/08
I love how Toni takes such good care of Tisha. This is a sweet and tender story.
12/10/08
*smile* I love the "princess sleigh" and "the royal dining hall." I enjoyed following them on their day, with all their activities. I could see all of this!
I like how your story strips away all but the bare necessitites, demonstrating that little is much.
Have to say. . . I thought this was beautiful. You made your characters come to life for me and I wanted to keep reading to find out more. :)
12/12/08
Very compelling - drew me in right away. Loved Tisha's giving heart even though they had little to give and how she was no respecter of persons.
12/16/08
Oh, I loved this, Vonnie! Excellent writing. It was very magical and special.