The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2077 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/30/08
Lovely. I guessed it was Anna quite early on, but even so, my spine was tingling by the end - you took me into that amazing moment.
11/01/08
Beautiful retelling! Excellent writing....nice work.
11/01/08
I've never focused on that verse before, and what a unique perspective for this topic! Wonderful in every way.
11/01/08
This was very good. A reminder of just one of the many people involved in bringing the word of His birth to the world. And a reminder that God does indeed keep His promises.
11/01/08
A beaufitul retelling of a familiar story. I loved her faithfulness in being in the temple every day.
11/01/08
This was great. You should get with some historian so that you can add in all the details of the buildings and smells and then send it somewhere.
11/02/08
You have such a talent with these Biblical pieces. I agree with Sally's suggestion. Expand this and get it published. :)
When I first heard the topic Anna immediately came to mind. I'm glad you wrote this wonderful piece about her.
11/03/08
If writing can be stunning, this is it! What a lovely portrayal of Anna, from her perspective.
This is a beautiful story, magnificently told. I could feel the anticipation all the way through. One of your best and a favorite this week!
Bravo! I love your take on the topic, and could feel Anna's anticipation and joy. Nice use of flashback. :)
11/05/08
Awesome story. I love when you bring the Bible to life!
11/05/08
Great job. You brought so much life to Anna. It made one of my favorite bible stories come to life in a unique way.

I've told this story many times through Simeon's eyes but never through Anna's. Well done.
11/06/08
Masterfully and beautifully written, and an old story brought fresh to life. Love it.
Congratulations on EC! I'm soooo proud of you! Love, Verna
11/06/08
Congratulations on your EC. You pulled out an obscure verse and filled it with so much meaning and emotion. Very well done.
So sweet! I especially love how you included the dog.. it made it so personal. Well deserved EC.. Congratulations, sweet friend!
11/06/08
Another fantastic piece as always! Your descriptions are dialogue are always right on target. Congratulations!!
11/13/08
Wonderfully written. This is not a verse that I've ever zeroed in on, but glad you did. You brought it to life for me and many others too. Congrats in your placement.