The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1631 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/17/08
I enjoyed the memories you shared.
10/18/08
You've created a beautiful moment in a few short lines. Well done!
10/19/08
Oh my, I love this. What a great present it would be to your dear husband for Christmas.
10/19/08
So romantic and beautiful! I like how each thing symbolized something of your home and marriage.
I like this poet view of such special memories ... great job.
How lovely. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. You made me smile. Thank you for sharing.
10/20/08
Oh, this is so sweet. Beautiful word picture.
10/20/08
So romantic!!! I like the intimacy of this, but it almost made me feel like I was listening in on a very private exchange. What a tribute to God, committed marriages, and the Christmas tree.
Beautifully done. It stirred many memories of first kisses after decorating the yearly Christmas tree. Angel
10/21/08
Beautifully written and loved the symbolism throughout. Great piece.
10/22/08
Beautiful sentiments in this poem, Verna, and it is so true to life...I love to examine every branch of our tree and each ornament is very full of memories and love. It's one of my favorite things to do...gaze at the tree and remember all those special moments through the years.
10/22/08
I love the comfortableness and security of their marriage and the reflection of their lives together found in their Christmas tree. A favorite line, is about the lights illuminating the room…but they can't surpass the glow from their children's eyes. I smiled at the token kiss. :)
10/22/08
Oh, so lovely! This feels so intimate, so personal. I love it.
10/23/08
What can I say? This is lovely.
10/23/08
What an sweet and subtly intimate poem you have here. Great imagery. Wonderful.
10/23/08
Pleasant, and reads very well. Excellent poetry!
Verna, dear friend, I thought I had commented on this darling and precious poem, but in revisiting it I don't see one from me! I love this poem! It is so warm and personal and says so much that every blessed married couple can say 'Amen' to. I will have another reason to smile now as I enjoy our own tree this Christmas. Thank you!